What is Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDA)?
Bi-Directional amplifiers (BDAs) are signal boosters required by law in many localities so first responders can stay in constant contact throughout any facility in an emergency situation. BDAs are often part of a Distributed Antenna System (DAS) that extends the range of two-way radios in any facility where reception is poor.
Bi-Directional Amplifiers Facts
- BDAs are amplifiers/repeaters available in a variety of gain and power options that boost and distribute a signal covering various frequencies.
- It’s common in cement and steel structures to have poor reception areas such as basements, stairways, tunnels, parking garages or any isolated area where wireless signals do not penetrate.
- BDAs installed for first responders to communicate and worker safety to work in all extreme conditions.
Who Needs BDAs?
- Any building requiring public safety permits, and/or that is identified and inspected under local ordinances
- Many localities now require BDA installation with new or building renovation permits and certifications
- Government buildings, school campuses, sports arenas, tunnels/mining operations, public venues, distribution centers, hospitals, high-rise buildings, office complexes, warehouses, and many more
- Anyplace where first responders, maintenance and security personnel need to maintain constant two-way communications
Fire & Thermal Protection
FireSafe Systems is one of the few fireproofing specialist professionally trained to install fire prevention and resistant systems. FireSafe will coordinate with all contractors to ensure professional installations on BDA fire resistant systems.