Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDA) Fire & Thermal Protection Wrapping
What is Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDA)?
Bi-Directional amplifiers (BDAs) are signal boosters required by law in many
localities so first responders can stay in constant contact throughout any
facility in an emergency situation. BDAs are often
part of a Distributed Antenna System (DAS) that
extends the range of two-way radios in any facility
where reception is poor.
Bi-Directional Amplifiers Facts
• BDAs are amplifiers/repeaters available in a variety of gain and power
options that boost and distribute a signal covering various frequencies.
• It’s common in cement and steel structures to have poor reception areas such
as basements, stairways, tunnels, parking garages or any isolated area where
wireless signals do not penetrate.
• BDAs installed for first responders to communicate and worker safety to
work in all extreme conditions.
Who Needs BDAs?
• Any building requiring public safety permits, and/or that is identified and
inspected under local ordinances
• Many localities now require BDA installation with new or building
renovation permits and certifications
• Government buildings, school campuses, sports arenas,
tunnels/mining operations, public venues, distribution centers,
hospitals, high-rise buildings, office complexes, warehouses, and many
• Anyplace where first responders, maintenance and security personnel
need to maintain constant two-way communications
Fire & Thermal Protection
FireSafe Systems is one of the few fireproofing specialist professionally
trained to install fire prevention and resistant systems. FireSafe will
coordinate with all contractors to ensure professional installations on
BDA fire resistant systems.